Informatica Backup Script

Hi, Its been a while since I posted, today a wrote a quick script that will take a backup of Informatica .rep file and store it in a specified location. The script works in any Unix/Linux based system if you…

OBIEE .lok .DAT files

Came across this issue today took me an age to work out what was wrong then I knocked up a couple of finds and boom all sorted. Anyway the below is more for self reference in case I come across it again. Other…

DAC Restart Script

Hi, Just thought I would share the script I wrote to restart your DAC server in the event of a crash, this can be helpful during the night as there is no need for a manual restart. I used a…

OBIEE Performance Tuning Part 3

For the final part of this guide we will take a look at some of the changes that can be made to the database to achieve better performance. The parameters I recommend changing are listed below;   Implementing these changes reduced my report timings further showing a clear…

OBIEE Performance Tuning Part 2

For the second part of my OBIEE Tuning guide we will look at the instanceconfig.xml and changes that can be made here. As stated in my previous post I dont believe in cache when performance tuning as it can lead to false…

OBIEE Performance Tuning Part 1

This is part one of my OBIEE Tuning guide. In this post we will look at some of the parameters that should be set at NQSConfig.ini in order to achieve maximum performance  First things first to run a valid test I ran the…

OBIEE Presentation Service

I’ve known about this issue for some time now if using an older version of OBIEE then you may have trouble starting all of the opmn services in one go be it from the front or back-end. From the back-end…

Socket communication error

I have came across a socket communication error. This error is very general and can be caused by a number of issues. In my case it related to a port conflict on the OBIEE server. The first thing I would…

Out of Memory error

So I have been getting an out of memory issue when running reports in Analytics. At first I was at a loss with the issue as the log files didn’t point to any significant issue that would be the root…